SOAR 2019 Peer Advisor
Letters & Science Academic Advising Services
L&S SOAR peer advisors work collaboratively with a team of professional advisors to provide new students with an academic orientation to the College of Letters & Science. This includes working in small groups and one-on-one with students, answering questions about degree requirements, course selection, and enrollment. Our peer advisors gain interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, problem solving, and presentation skills.
- No prior experience is necessary. We will provide the training.
- Applicants must be continuing students who will have completed at least two semesters at UW-Madison by the end of the spring 2019 semester.
- Applicants should be in good academic standing (2.00 or higher GPA).
- Applicants must be declared or intending to declare majors in the College of Letters and Science.
- Applicants MUST be able to attend ALL training and SOAR sessions.
Training and SOAR Session Dates
- Training dates: May 28 – June 6.
- SOAR Session dates:
- June 7 – 28
- July 8 – August 7
- August 12 – 16
- August 20 – 29
- All work is weekdays only, between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, approximately 25-30 hours per week.
Please submit, in a SINGLE Word or .pdf document, the following to the L&S SOAR Peer Hiring Committee at email@example.com:
- A one-page cover letter that includes: your name, campus ID number, declared or intended major(s), why you are interested in this position, and why you feel you are qualified for this position.
- A one-page résumé.
- A list of 2 professional or academic references. Please include the reference’s name, position, relationship to you, email address, and phone number.
All application materials must be received by 5:00 pm on Monday, February 11, 2019.