Mandatory group advising sessions are held during the first half of the Fall Semester for freshmen who attended Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR) with the College of Letters & Science (L&S) over the summer. As sessions include timely and pertinent information, students who are assigned to the L&S AAS Freshman Advising Team are required to attend.
If you did not attend a group advising session in the fall, it is highly recommended that you meet with an advisor to learn about the various tools and resources that will successfully prepare you for future semester course enrollment.
To sign up for a session:
- Go to the Freshman Group Advising registration page.
- Click the “Login” link, located on the black bar at the upper-left side of the page.
- Select “NetID” as authentication type.
- Select “University of Wisconsin-Madison” and then click the “Select” button.
- Select “L&S Freshman Group Advising” from the list of options.
- Select the session that works with your schedule, and then “Register”.
To reschedule your session:
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- Select “My Registrations and Learning Transcript” from the black menu bar at the top.
- Click “Cancel”.
- Select “Catalog” from the black menu bar at the top.
- Follow steps 5-6 above.