Mandatory group advising sessions are held during the first half of the Fall Semester for freshmen who attended Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR) with the College of Letters & Science (L&S) over the summer. As sessions include timely and pertinent information, students who are assigned to the L&S AAS Freshman Advising Team are required to attend.
How to sign up for a session
- Go to the Freshman Group Advising registration page.
- Click the “Login” link, located on the black bar at the upper-left side of the page.
- Select “NetID” as authentication type.
- Select “University of Wisconsin-Madison” and then click the “Select” button.
- Select “L&S Freshman Group Advising” from the list of options.
- Select the session that works with your schedule, and then “Register”.
How to reschedule your session
- Follow steps 1-4 above.
- Select “My Registrations and Learning Transcript” from the black menu bar at the top.
- Click “Cancel”.
- Select “Catalog” from the black menu bar at the top.
- Follow steps 5-6 above.