30 minute appointments are generally appropriate for topics such as course selection, DARS/major requirements, GPA/academic standing, and L&S major exploration.
60 minute appointments are generally appropriate for topics such as long-term degree planning (4-year plan, ROTC academic planning forms, etc.), academic/personal concerns, and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) appeals.
For quick questions on topics such as adding/dropping a course, course equivalency, or schedule verification, drop-in advising is generally appropriate.
How to schedule
Review the drop-in and appointment guidelines above to decide whether a 30 minute or 60 minute appointment best suits your situation.
- Sign into MyUW.
- Click on the “Scheduling Assistant” app.
- Click “Log in to Schedule Appointment”
- Choose an advisor name from your assigned AAS advising committee.
- Select green date/time that works with your schedule.
- Select the appropriate meeting duration and include any pertinent information, such as intended major or majors as well as a brief reason for your appointment.
- “Create” the appointment and then ask to “join” appointment.
How to prepare
- Bring a list of questions that you want to discuss.
- Be open to reviewing course options, addressing academic problems or concerns, making decisions about the upcoming semester, and exploring major/certificate options.
- Make a list of potential courses you are interested in taking for the next semester.
- Explore departmental websites or review the Undergraduate Catalog for majors that you are interested in pursuing.
- Review your DARS (degree audit reporting system) and bring a copy to your appointment. See the DARS Quick Guide for instructions on running a “what-if” DARS report.
- Arrive in advance of your scheduled appointment time. Students arriving 10 minutes or more past their scheduled appointment times will need to reschedule their appointments. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
How to cancel
- Repeat steps 2 – 5 above
- Select the meeting you had previously set up (shown in blue).
- Check the box labeled “Yes, I wish to cancel this appointment.”
- Click “Submit.”