- Important Guidelines
- Appropriate drop-in reasons
- Reasons not suitable for drop-ins
- Drop-ins location and hours
- Before attending drop-ins, you should first try connecting with your assigned academic advisor. They will likely be your best point of contact for academic-related questions.
- Drop-ins are intended for undeclared L&S students who advise with AAS. New students who are assigned to an advisor in our department should complete our brief Canvas course, L&S Advising 101, prior to attending drop-ins, since your questions might be answered there.
- Drop-in meetings are for quick questions and will be limited to 15 minutes max.
- It is possible you will not see your assigned academic advisor during drop-ins.
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions page first. You may find the answer to your question there.
An appropriate drop-in reason could include:
- Quick verification of course selection
- Quick questions about Course Search & Enroll
- Quick L&S academic policy clarifications
- Quick questions about campus resources
For longer discussions such as:
- Four-year course planning
- Switching majors or academic paths
- General academic concerns
- Personal issues (University Health Services and Dean of Students may be particularly helpful resources for this)
please schedule a meeting with your assigned academic advisor or connect with them via email.
All drop-in advising is in 101 Ingraham Hall
Tuesdays: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Wednesdays: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Thursdays: 1:00pm – 3:00pm