Advising appointments are held in 155 Middleton Building (1305 Linden Dr).
Preparing for your advising appointment:
- Bring a list of questions that you want to discuss.
- Be open to reviewing course options, addressing academic problems or concerns, making decisions about the upcoming semester, and exploring major/certificate options.
- Make a list of potential courses you are interested in taking for the next semester.
- Explore departmental websites or review the Undergraduate Catalog for majors that you are interested in pursuing.
- Review your DARS (degree audit reporting system) and bring a copy to your appointment. See the DARS Quick Guide for instructions on running a “what-if” DARS report.
- Arrive in advance of your scheduled appointment time. Students arriving 10 minutes or more past their scheduled appointment times will need to reschedule their appointments. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
Scheduling an advising appointment:
- Review the Walk-in and Appointment Guidelines to decide whether a 30 minute or 60 minute appointment best suits your situation.
- Sign into MyUW.
- Click on the "Scheduling Assistant" app.
- Click “Log in to Schedule Appointment”
- Choose an advisor name from your assigned AAS advising committee.
- Select green date/time that works with your schedule.
- Select the appropriate meeting duration and include any pertinent information, such as intended major or majors as well as a brief reason for your appointment.
- “Create” the appointment and then ask to "join" appointment.
On the day of your appointment, arrive in advance of your scheduled appointment time. Students arriving 10 minutes or more past their scheduled appointment times will need to reschedule their appointments. If you are unable to make your scheduled advising session, you must cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
Canceling an advising appointment:
- Repeat steps 2 – 5 above
- Select the meeting you had previously set up (shown in blue).
- Check the box labeled “Yes, I wish to cancel this appointment.”
- Click “Submit.”